Friday, August 1, 2014

Men's August Birchbox Review



What do you get for the manly man that has everything??  My husband owns his own business (www.chicagofireandgrill.com), loves sports and the outdoors and is simple and country lovin just like me. Since I am so in love with my Birchbox, I wanted to get Nick a box and surprise him!  So I had to make sure that he was not going to get a foo-foo (that's a word, I know it!) box of products similar to mine. You are able to be pretty specific when you select the preferences for the men's box and I was happy with that.

The men's box is $20 a month, compared to the $10 a month for the women's.  But based on this box alone, I can see why.  Details to follow....

Let me show you what he got!

Here is the first impression.  Looks just like my box when I open it ;) So far so good......


And here is me making it all fancy for the pics ;)


This month's men's Birchbox theme is Summer Camp.  

First item up is the weird looking rope thingy. :) 


This is a Bison Made Double Wrap Leather Bracelet with Clasp.  This is $40!!  Double the cost of the box and let me tell you how sexy I know he is going to look in it.  It fits his style perfectly and he only wears his wedding ring and a chain I got him (ya know, cuz he's Italian).  He said if he were ever going to wear a bracelet, it would be this style and he was so glad it wasn't Tan colored.  Good job, Birchbox!!

Next up......


Baxter of California Facial Scrub.  This is a manly scrub.  It gets deep down into the pores and scrubs away the dirt of the day.  It is made with Walnut Shell Powder and he really felt clean after.  It smells nice, too.  

Next is......



URSA MAJOR Fantastic Face Wash.  Made with spearmint and cedar, it smells incredible.  He can't wait to use this!

Something I want to use, too....


Mt. Sapola Body Lotion.  Another great smelling item!  He got lemongrass and it also comes in Oriental Wood scent.  I put it on his elbows and hands for him and there was a noticeable difference immediately.  

And lastly....



English Laundry Pomade.  Medium hold, high shine and sulfate free!  He shaves his head in the summer but I love it when it grows a bit longer and this is the type of product he uses to style it :)

And there ya have it! Overall, Birchbox did a great job.  I looked at all of the options that went out this month for the men and he received the BEST of the products available.  This also helps me think of little gifts to get my husband if he really falls in love with a product.  It is hard after being together so many years to be original sometimes :)

Have you ever gotten the men's box?

What is your experience with it? Let me know in the comments below!

Have a great day!! 




8 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten a men's box yet, but knowing this is what they're like is tempting! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob! Thanks for your support! I was SO happy that my husband was happy and there wasn't a bunch of stuff he didn't use so I really have high hopes for the next box too!

      Delete
  2. We got it once and my husband barely touched any of it but that was before I got him into fashion and such. I still think he is lazy with skin care but now that they seem to be including some cool fashion items we may try it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bb will be there when I get home and my hubby already wants to know where his next one is!! ;)

      Delete
  3. I really want to get one for my man now! we always use each other's shampoo, and this would help with that! Plus I know he doesn't like to admit it, but he does like facial scrubs! He loves it when I use mine on him and make his face all glowy and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will never admit it but deep down we know ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh I forgot, we haven't gotten him one yet, but after this, I need to gift him a trial subscription!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to hear that! Use my link if ya don't mind and let me know what he thinks!! My BB will be there when I get home and my hubby already wants to know when he gets his again :) xo

      Delete

 
Blogging tips