Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sample Society Unboxing August 2014


This is my second box from Sample Society.  I fell under their spell with July's box and was very happy to get another wonderful box!  Read about July's unboxing HERE.  My mama also signed up and was just as pleased!! The thing I like most about this monthly beauty subscription is that the products are usually all brands that I have heard of.  Sure, I like learning about new brands but sometimes there is something great about already knowing how good a brand is and then getting an awesome product from them.  Know what I mean?

Here is my first look at the box.


They always include a mini Allure mag that describes each product, it's uses and what they thought after testing it.

First up, one of my favorite polish brands.


Ciate mini pot in Cha Cha Cha. This color is the perfect summer shade, a bright, neon orange which I was so glad to get since Fall is right around the corner and I am still in denial about that.  It did take me 4 coats to achieve the look that I wanted but the bold color made up for it.  It is much brighter on my nails than it is in the bottle. Speaking of fall, I am holding out on using my velvet manicure kits in grey, navy and purple.  They are gorgeous!


Next we have Kate Somerville's Dio Oil Restorative Treatment.



News to me, but Dio Oil is a rare oil from Fiji that promotes healthier looking skin and firms and evens skin tone, among other things.  Now, I am a Caudalie girl so I am interested in trying this to see how it compares.It has a hefty price tag but claims to be one of the best of the oils out there.  It can be used at night or under your makeup (after moisturizer) during the day.  I think I will do half on my face with my regular oil to really see how they compare.

Next up is Jane Iredale Longest Lash Mascara in Black Ice.


 I have mixed feelings about this so far.  When I pulled it out, it didn't look like there was any color on the wand.  And the wand looks like a caterpillar.  It seemed to lengthen my lashes but not really make them bold and dark.  Lemme show you.......

Here is just with this mascara.



And here is with my mascara added on top of it.



So I think adding my own mascara on top made a dramatic difference in my lashes but not by itself.

Next up is Oribe Surfcomber Tousled Texture Mousse.  This size alone is $21.50.


Smells great and the key to adding massive texture to your hair is using it dry.  I am still figuring out the right amount to use. I accidentally used two large sized poufs and it says to use ping pong sized haha But once I scrunched my hair it did give it some nice texture and made my pony tail really full so I'm excited to use it again.

Lastly, Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Peony.



It's much brighter than the tube indicates.  Make sure you exfoliate good before putting it on, too.  It goes on like paint with a spongey tip.  Also, it is matte.  I am a glossy girl so I would have to put something on over it when I wear it but the description says that will ruin the chalky effect, so we will see.  It is a long lasting stain though, it stayed on for hours.  I really really want the color violet, it's so pretty!! Wait until you see my Birchbox unboxing and you'll see why!!

So like I said, I was super happy with this box subscription yet again and 200% happier than I was with Beauty Box 5.  Since Sample Society is through BeautyBar.com(online beauty boutique similar to ULTA), if you use my referral code, you can get 20% off of your first order.  Just click on the banner to the left of the screen or use the code MIAN969688 and click HERE.

What did you think of this month's box?  Have you used Oribe's products before? Have any tips?

Let me know in the comments below!

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips