Thursday, August 7, 2014

Pucker Up Darlings-Lip Gloss Favorites



I have always been a lip gloss girl.  Sometimes lipstick is just too much but I am a sucker for a great glossy pout.  I love coral's, maroon's, nudes and shimmers.  Today I wanted to share the ones I have been sporting lately and give some lip gloss reviews and recommendations, thanks to my beauty boxes.

First is my newest fav (and the one my kisser is sporting above)!



LOREAL's Color Riche Extraordinary Lip Color in Coral Encore.  It goes on like a gloss but stays put like a lipstick.  Look at that shine.  The color is simply smashing.

Next up is one of the first ones I ever received and wore it every day.



Bareminerals Marvelous Moxie in Maverick.  The color is described as a rosewood shimmer.  I'm noticing it looks a lot darker on my hand than on my lips.  It smells like chocolate, but is infused with shea butter, avocado and murumuru butters.  Enough said.



Bella Pierre Cosmetics Super Lip Gloss in Vanilla Pink.  I received this full size one in my Glossybox.  At first glance, I did not think I was going to like it as it was pink.  But as you can see it is a more shimmery mauve color and it also smells incredible.  My hubby really likes it when he kisses me :) It isn't sticky either.....or he wouldn't be kissing me ;) Plus it plumps my lips when I wear it.  Cheaper than surgery!



Julep's Lip Gloss in Charming.  This came in a Maven box that I ordered and I didn't think I was going to like the color either.  It is a shimmery nude color and super pretty on with tons of shimmer.



Benefit's Coralista Ultra Plush Lip Gloss.  I knew I was going to love this one! It's coral after all!  High shine as you can clearly see. and the perfect summer gloss :) Only con is you have to squeeze it out and I am not a huge fan of that.  They also make a blush in this color!



Rimmel's Stay Glossy 3D in Popcorn for 2.  This came in a special edition Birchbox.  Pure gloss.  Its pretty on its on as a sheer shimmer or it can be layered on top of any other color!  It is a smidge sticky.



Another winner by Benefit!  Hoola Lip Gloss.  They also make a bronzer in this color that I use.  The gloss is another shimmery nude.



NYX Butter Gloss in Eclair. This came in an Ipsy bag.  I was sure I wasn't going to like it as it is pink but it goes on so smooth and creamy and I think it looks great!  Thanks to the lighting for making me look orange in the above pic.....haha!

Lastly, I received some samples for Urban Decay's Revolution Lipstick.



I am wearing Liar.  It is really pretty, I also tried 69.  They don't come out as dark as they look from the samples though.  I put on about 3 coats just to achieve the look above.  They are sold in sticks so maybe it comes out darker when not using a lip brush for application.

The last thing that I got free was from Jouer.  It is their Essential Lip Enhancer.


It is pretty much a chapstick feel in a way.  I don't mean to minimize the product in any way, I love it and am glad I received it but so far I haven't been able to justify the $14 price tag.  Maybe continuous use will make a difference in plumping up my lips.

The thing I want to recommend is e.l.f.'s lip exfoliator!! I forgot to take a pic :)


It is amazing!  And only $3!! It removes dry dead skin on chapped lips but moisturizes too.

And there ya have it!

I would love to know your favorite glosses!

Let me know in the comments below :)

Have a great day!!




4 comments:

  1. You spotlighted 3 of my all time favs! The NYX butter gloss, Bella Pierre, and Bare Mineral Marvelous Moxie. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!! I can't believe it took me so long to find them ;)

      Delete
  2. I was pleasantly surprised by the NYX butter gloss. I also got it in my ipsy bag and now use it all the time. It seems to have a chameleon effect, too. It looks totally different on my olive toned sister but still super pretty. Not a huge fan of NYX products but this one is a keeper. Also, I can't live without my elf lip exfoliator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that description! So glad I am not the only one who loves the exfoliator!!! Thanks for following xo

      Delete

 
Blogging tips