Monday, November 17, 2014

Birchbox November 2014 DOUBLE Unboxings and Reviews

November's Birchbox theme is "Giving".  In honor of that theme and in a social media campaign, they will be donating $1 to RED each time a picture of their special #shaRED box is uploaded.  RED promotes awareness and raises money for the fight against AIDS.  I thought it was a truly noble thing for them to do this month!  Let's keep sharing those pictures and using the hashtag #shaRED to help fight the good fight.

#shaRED
For those that don't know, Birchbox is a personalized monthly beauty subscription that sends you makeup, skincare and haircare items each month. They also include lifestyle items some month such as candles and candy.  It is $10 and completely worth it! For those that like trying new products, playing with makeup or just obsessed like I am, this is a great box. #1 on my list currently. The BEST part is if you answer some questions each month about the products you received you get points. 100 points is equal to $10 in their online shop where you can get the same things you get at Sephora.  I don't think I have ever paid full price for an order on their site. Click HERE to sign up today!

Okay so let's look at the goodies!!! I'm so excited to share this month.  As of last month, I signed up for two boxes with different profiles just to experiment for a few months to see the variety offered based on what selections I made.

First up is the box that I am adventurous and trendy on with a preference for organic and an advanced level of makeup knowledge and application.  And here is the amazing box I received for the second month in a row with this new profile!

Love it!!
First up is ModelCo lipstick.  I've had the mascara before and wasn't pleased with it. I have, however, been in the market for a nude lipstick so I was stoked that this was in my box!

Perfect nude color
Nude lips and bold eye
I'm very pleased with the color and the texture! Full size $20 value.

Next up is another item I have had my eye on for quite some time since I have crater sized pores. Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Vacuum Cleaner.



This is a product that you can see working when you use it and I love that!  It goes on and dries like a mask.  I used it as soon as I got it and will be purchasing again.  This is very comparable to GlamGlow in the way that it feels and works.

Next up is SuperGoop Daily Correct CC Cream.

Wish it was a larger sample
I have gotten this product sooooo many times it's crazy (looking at all of my sub boxes).  A CC cream is a corrective coverage cream so heavier coverage than a BB (beauty balm) cream.  This is a light to medium color adjusting shade.  I just don't feel that it accurately adjusts to my shade since I am more yellow toned.  This will go in the giveaway pile.  I also feel this sample size is not sufficient for those that do want to try this out as you only get one use out of it.

Next is Perlier Revitalizing White Almond Body Butter.

Cute packaging

Another item that is quite prevalent in my boxes, lotions....this is the suntan lotion of the winter boxes LOL  It is a pretty large sample and the reviews on it are good in that the product is not greasy and sinks right into the sink.  I have a huge stockpile of lotions on my desk at work so this will surely end up there soon :)

Next up is also another duplicate from Birchbox, Folle de Joie perfume.

Thankfully a spray sample
This is a fresh scent, very summery, floral like.  I think my mom would like this one so it may make it to her stocking this year :)

And last up is a lifestyle item thrown in as a treat.

You know you want to try it :) 
And what a treat it was!! Chocolate and potato chips??! Delish! Not something to eat all the time but it was the perfect 3 bite snack and it was super good.  I love salty and sweet combos and this hit the spot!

So overall this was a great box, if I could I would replace the Supergoop but that will still find a home and the lipstick and Dr. Brandt completely made up for it.  Okay, the chocolate didn't hurt either! :)

NOW check out my other box.  This is the box with the profile I have had since December of last year.  However, because the box I got last month under this profile was utterly heartbreaking (read about it HERE), I did make some changes and tweaked some things to ensure I got a stellar box this month.  And it worked. I had my profile set to Adventurous, Classic and Trendy.  I changed it to Trendy only.  My beauty knowledge is set as Dedicated Beauty Enthusiast since my other profile has Advanced on it.  Hopefully these insights will help you adjust your own profile to tailor your box if you are not happy currently :)

Okay here we go!

love love love

This box is absolutely perfect.  One of the best I have ever received.  Now let me tell you why. :)  For me I like a box with a mix of hair, beauty and skin care items.  Sure I love makeup first and foremost but I know I am always going to get quality skincare products to try and the same for hair care.  My other boxes satisfy my needs for whatever I may not have gotten with Birchbox.

First up is Royal Apothic Cuppa Cuppa Firming Tea Treatment Mask.

Nice size sample


The reviews on this are incredible and I will be using it tonight.  The mask is made of clay, acai, pomegranate,coffee, goji berry and infused with black, green and white tea leaves.  I can see my friend Rachel loving this :) It is an 8 minute treatment that leaves skin firmer, smoother and more radiant.  Um YES PLEASE :)

Next up is theBalm Cosmetics Cindy-Lou Manizer.

why yes that is my puppy's hair in the picture

First of all how adorable is the packaging? So similar to Benefit's awesome packaging.  Highlighters and luminizers are all the rage right now and give us all the "glow" that we had in our youth :) They aid in contouring and also illuminate certain areas of our face.  This particular one is a light pink sheen. I use on my cheekbones and under my eyebrow arch and in the corners of my eyes sometimes. They also make Mary-Lou Manizer which is more of a honey hue.  I like them both.  I can never have enough of these so can't wait to use it.

Next up is Amika Nourishing Mask.

Another nice sized sample

The only other product I have used by Amika is their blowout spray. I like it but I am a sucker for a great hair mask.  This is a really nice sized product to and I am glad I will be able to get more than one use out of it.  My trick with masks is to coat the ends really well and then pile it up on top of my head.  You don't want to load up your roots with a ton of product as it will transfer to weighing your hair down for the rest of the day.  I've recently come to love sea buck thorn (I am using it in my face oil) and this is made with that, vitamins, omega acids and of course sulfate free!!

Next up is derma E Evenly Radiant Brightening Cleanser.

Another great sized sample

Are you noticing a trend? These sample sizes are amazing! I just recently wrote a post about a Vitamin C Serum I am using (read it HERE) and am loving products infused with it.  This cleanser is paraben and sulfate and additive free so great for your skin.  I love that the reviews say it doesn't dry the skin out after use since that can happen with Vitamin C. Another product I can't wait to rip open.

Next is a Harvey Prince fragrance, Petaly Noir.

YAY for another spray sample

I am not a fan of the HELLO fragrance by this brand.  But this one I LOVE!!! LOVE!! It is so sensual and woodsy and musky.  Just the things I look for in a perfume.  Also full sized price is $55 so not even a crazy ridiculous price point!  This is truly a great perfume and lasted a very long time on me.  I am really considering purchasing this :)

And again Birchbox included a lifestyle item.  This one is super fancy too :)  Vosges Petits Chocolats, mine is pink Himalayan crystal salt caramel!!

Mmmmmmmm

I haven't tried it yet but I am really excited to :)

And those are my boxes!! Now you can see why I am so happy with everything :)  Again these boxes are only $10 a month and I really recommend signing up ASAP.  I have so many points accumulated I am going to use them to get Christmas presents with!  Plus you can GIFT subscriptions to people which is a great idea.  They also have tons of limited edition specialty boxes just for the holidays that include luxurious full sized items.  Click HERE to sign up today!

What did you get this month?? I love comparing so let me know in the comments below!  Also let me know if you've already tried any of the goodies I received so I know your thoughts!

Plus don't forget to share photos of the RED box on social media to help the fight against AIDS xo

Have a great Monday ya'll!! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips