Saturday, November 29, 2014

November 2014 BoxyCharm Unboxing and December Spoiler


Last month I wrote a post on my first ever BoxyCharm box that I received.  I loved it so much that I cancelled GlossyBox and decided to keep the subscription!!  Each box comes with 4-5 full sized products each month and they are mostly all makeup!! Just the kind of box I needed. I love my Birchbox and Sample Society but get a nice mix of haircare and skincare with them.

This months theme was Sparkle and Shine.  Ummmmmm, Mudpipes and GLITTER people!! I love sparkle and shine.

Before I show you my goodies I want to let you know that the waitlist is currently turned off and you can get a subscription to BoxyCharm right away! It is $21 a month but the value of the box is FAR exceeded by the products received.  Click HERE to sign up today :)  They are similar to Birchbox in that after you review the products you receive, you get credits (charms) added to your account that go towards products available in their online store.

Okay first up is a product that blew my mind after using.  Mica Beauty Eye Primer.


This product is for eye lids to help eyeshadow stay on longer.  I decided to try it under my eyes as a concealer primer and boy did it work.  My concealer did not crease all day. I called my mom freaking out as we are constantly looking for a holy grail product that does that! This is a full size product valued at $44.95!! I probably could have even just used it as concealer since it is flesh colored and did a great job of evening my skin tone, too.  Loved this product!

Next is a product that I decided to throw on at the last minute on Thanksgiving since I had done purple eye makeup.  Kevin Murphy Color Bug.



Of course it is in my favorite color, too! It is non permanent and washes out. Since I have such light hair I did put some leave in conditioner on before I rubbed the chalk on.  Put a towel on your shoulders to protect your clothes as it does get messy since it is chalky.  I loved it.  My best friend Shanna has purple hair right now too and we love that we can try it without the commitment.  You will need to do a search on their site to find the nearest retailer or buy online or at Amazon.  Full size valued at $21.95!

Next up is another product I used on Thanksgiving for my eye makeup.  Tarina Tarantino's EyeLicity Glitter Liner in Glitter Mist.



It goes on super smooth and I put it on over black liner to really make it pop.  Full size valued at $16!





Next up is Ofra Blush in Paradise Pink.


This is a really pretty color.  Like a mauve.  I like corals for both summer and winter as they look really nice on my skin but this looked really pretty too.  Its amazing how a new color blush can change your face.  Wow, I used this on turkey day, too.  Makeup of the day all done by Boxycharm, HAHA!  It is very smooth and highly, highly pigmented so a little goes a long way.  Remember to not use too much or you will look like a clown.  Full size valued at $24.95!!

Last up is Bellapierre Cosmetics Shimmer Pigment in Sensation.


I haven't used this yet and I know it looks like it will be messy but give off some incredible shimmer.  I would probably put this just in the corner of my eyes to brighten them up.  This is full sized valued at $14.99!!

So as you can see the value of this box far exceeds the cost at a whopping $122.84!!  I am very pleased with this months box.  Click HERE to read last months unboxing and see how pleased I was also with that box!

And here is my complete edgy look that I wore for Thanksgiving :)


Second favorite to my makeup was my tights, I just loved them and bought them last year and didn't find them again until I was packing last weekend!  WHICH by the way we will be moved in to our new house on Monday so shortly thereafter I can get back to baking and crafting and sharing some really awesome ideas with ya'll for the upcoming holidays :)  Again, the reason I started this blog was to keep myself busy while mourning the loss of my daddy and I will especially need it during the holidays xo

I hope you all enjoyed the unboxing and maybe it inspired you to sign up to Boxycharm.  A little piece of advice, if you don't like spoilers, don't follow them on Facebook as they give spoilers leading up until the next months box is sent out!

But I will tell you this entire FULL SIZE palette, valued at $39.95, will be in the December box!!  It is comparable to Urban Decays Naked palette :)



Do you already get Boxycharm?  What did you think of this month's box?

Let us know in the comments below!!

Have a great day!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips