Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Old Faithful (My Top Go To Brands & Products)

Good morning!!

Yesterday my friend and I got to talking and she asked me if I had a list compiled of what I use and always go back to when making purchases.  Um.....can you believe I don't??  With all the subscriptions I have and all the things that I have tried, it is a great question!

I mean, hey, I love experimenting with different colors and textures but there are certain things that I have to have.  Ya know, if you could bring one thing on a deserted island....blah, blah, blah :)

The very first thing I put on my face is Murad's Oil Control Mattfier to prevent oil slicks on my face.


This truly is a miracle product for oily skin.  On the surface it reduces shine and underneath it controls breakouts.  Before using this I was using those oil blotting sheets several times a day and I haven't had to use one since!  Make sure you are patting this on your face, not rubbing it in, I find it is much more effective that way.

Next up is Benefit's POREFESSIONAL for my primer.


This fills in my pores that are the size of potholes and fine lines.  It provides a smooth canvas for makeup application and keeps my makeup from sliding off my face during the day.  It is flesh colored and can be used after makeup for touch ups but I have never needed to do that :) Some primers that I have tried are oily going on or tend to "ball up" on my face and this one has never let me down.  I also like to use Laura Mercier's Radiance Bronze Primer too if my skin is way too white in the winter.  I would put it on before my Porefessional.

Next up is my concealer, IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye.


I have hereditary dark circles (thanks Mom!) and my trick to help keep them covered is to put my concealer on before my foundation.  That way I get double coverage and am able to blend them both together for a seamless finish.  Now, if I was up all night with my new puppy, which I have been lately, sometimes I may need a dab over my foundation too!  70% of women are Neutral Medium.  This is a cream concealer, not a liquid so a little goes a long way.  I use my IT Cosmetics Brush to dab it on, not rub it, for an airbrush like finish.

I did order Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclait Concealer from Sephora and it will be here today.  This is the Creme de la Creme of concealers and I really wanted to try it and review it for ya'll so that will be coming soon!  I have heard rumors of dupes out there so I wanted to do some testing myself. :)


Foundation......depends on the season and I am actually still trying to find the perfect summer one.  I just ordered Becca's Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation and will review that soon, too.  In the fall and winter I use Hourglass Immaculate Mattifying Oil Free Foundation and it is my favorite!  And currently I am using Jouer's Luminizing Moisture Tint (read review here).




For blush, I LOVE Benefit's Benetint.



It is both a cheek and lip stain and it works for both!  As a cheek stain, it gives me a sexy flush and lasts all day long!  3 swipes on the apples of my cheeks and I'm done! I would love a sample of Cha Cha Tint as I love coral colors too :)

Eyebrows....I tried a ton of products and keep going back to IT Cosmetics Universal Brow Power Pencil.


The biggest pro for me is the color.  It can be as light or as dark as I want but it is closest to the natural taupe color of my brows.  Plus for every one sold, IT Cosmetics will donate one to the Look Good, Feel Better Foundation for women fighting cancer, which is a subject very close to my heart.

Here is my makeup of the day today!!



I am wearing all of the above and Benefit's They're Real Push Up Gel Liner. This will be another go to product from here out.  Read my latest review on it, HERE!

For eyeshadow, I am wearing Covergirl Bombshell in Ice Queen as an eyelid primer and ELF's mineral eyeshadow in Smoldering. My lashes are wearing Benefit's They're Real Mascara.  I go back and forth between black and colored mascaras and honestly I have not had to buy mascara in ages because I have so many!

I am wearing my Laura Mercier Highlighter from my latest Sample Society box and Benefit's Hoola Bronzer.Lips are wearing Bella Pierre Vanilla Pink from one of my Glossyboxes.

So.....ya think I am the poster girl for Benefit or what??  They were truly the first brand I trusted and used when I started my makeup obsession and I will continue to love them.  The only product they have ever let me down on was the Boing concealer...but that is a topic for another day!

I would love to know what ya'll use as a setting powder for your makeup.  I am still looking for the "One".

Let me know in the comments below!!

Also, don't forget, we still have a HUGE giveaway going on until next week so enter on the Mudpipes & Glitter Facebook page's Giveaway tab or click HERE!

Have a great day!!








6 comments:

  1. YAY!! Love it! I'm a benefit fan girl, myself! Thanks for posting. Great products! Now, I'm off to read your review on the push up line because I've yet to purchase it even though I'm dying to see how easy it is to apply.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the inspiration!! The thing about the eyeliner is getting the same amount on each eye and that is a huge feat for me!! ;)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the Pore Professional!! I have a hard time keeping my makeup smooth and fresh when my skin gets oily, it's summer, I breathe..Lolz
    I want to try that Their Real eyeliner so bad. I am a klutz with liquid liner. I think I am getting it in BB this month.
    I will definitely be back to read more posts.
    I am glad my post mix up on FB led me to a cool new BB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the Murad!!I promise it will help! It was the only thing I ever tried that worked for me and my makeup stays on ;) I am so glad you found me too :)

      Delete
  3. Just to set the record straight, I also inherited the dark circles! lol

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips