Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Makeup of the Day Tutorial & E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Review

Since my posts yesterday involved GOLD, I thought I would follow that theme over in my makeup today.

Being that I love all things glitter (it is a color choice in my book), of course I love shimmery makeup, too :)

Today I am going to show you a gold and purple eye makeup tutorial that I love doing in the summer.  I like golds, teals and corals in the summer especially.  I think they go great with golden tan skin.

I also want to talk about the mineral eye shadow line from E.L.F.  If you aren't familiar with this brand, E.L.F. stands for Eyes, Lips and Face.  It is a wonderful line of makeup that is also the cheapest priced around.  The eyeshadows featured today are only $3 each!

My four favorite colors are Golden, Dreamy, Socialite & Smoldering.



These ones are all shimmery shadows, but they have tons of other color options in matte finishes as well. The staying power on these shadows is incredible.  I know a lot of people don't tend to use eye lid primers, but even if you don't these babies will still have high power color on your lids all day!  They can be worn dry or wet and have Vitamins A,B,C & E in them.  There is a bit of fall out when applying, so I always use a card when I am putting it on to ensure it doesn't get on my face. The coverage is build-able so you can use a little or a lot depending on the look you are going for.  And again they are $3 ladies!!


From bottom to top: Golden, Dreamy, Socialite, Smoldering

You can get them HERE.

Now on to the Makeup of the Day!!


I knew I wanted to go for a gold and purple kind of sunset eye look.

Here are the products that I used:

BH Cosmetics purple eyeshadow from the Hollywood Line
E.L.F. Golden shimmer mineral eyeshadow
E.L.F. Plum Passion shimmer eye liner
Benefit They're Real Mascara
Cover Girl Bombshell Shine Shadow in Gold Goddess

First I want to start out by letting you know I use the CoverGirl Bombshell Shine Shadow as a primer!  I know, crazy, right?  I received this product in Ice Queen in a limited edition Birchbox and I don't normally wear silver eyeshadows.  But I liked the pigmented shine that it gave me so I started using it as a primer on my eye lids and my shadow stays on ALL DAY LONG since I have started using it.



Gorgeous colors!  They can be spread out super, super thin for the slightest shimmer too or you can create a heavy color look.


Remember the post I did about Brush 101?  Well these are the two brushes I used, the highlighting brush and the large eye lid brush.  I used the highlighting brush just for the crease of my eye, so you can also use a c brush or an angled brush.

Here is my sampler pack from BH Cosmetics and the purple eyeshadow.




And of course, Golden by E.L.F.



So here is how the CoverGirl Golden Goddess looks alone on my eyelid.


Shimmery yet a bit wet looking.

Now here is when I put the E.L.F Golden on top of it.


Just lovely!!

Now I will take the purple and with my eyes looking straight ahead, brush the purple into the crease of my eye lid stopping at the center of my eye.


This is how it looks when I am looking straight down.

Then I take my E.L.F. Shimmer eye liner and line my bottom and top lids.


Curl my lashes and two coats of Benefit's They're Real mascara.




TA DA!!





Perfectly golden with purple accents!!

Now of course I will say that I am wearing this look for day time and also to work.  Had I been going out or it was the weekends, I would be a little more heavy handed with the shadow, mascara and eyeliner :)

Overall, I tend to wear colored liners and mascaras.  I also use a cream colored liner on my lower waterline to brighten up my eyes. I think black liners on the lower lid makes the eyes look smaller and darker.  In an upcoming post, I will show you how to do the perfect cat eye, a super simple way!

What are your favorite E.L.F products?

What are your favorite colors to use in the summer?

Let me know in the comments below!

Have a great day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips