Thursday, July 24, 2014

Benefit's They're Real Push Up Liner Review & Ulta Haul

Hey ya'll!! Okay, so, every once in a while, Ulta has an a-MA-zing free gift with purchase.  Usually you need to spend a certain dollar amount to get the free gift of course.  This week's free gift was a makeup bag filled with beauty products, with a $60 purchase.  They also just recently sent out a 20% off your entire order coupon plus the discounts being an Ulta member gets you (points accrued=dollars off orders).  So I made a killing on both my purchase and the free samples I received.  I did this about two months ago too and wish I would have taken pics of everything I got then.

So let's go over my Ulta haul!!  Hopefully this will get you enticed to get one yourself next time it is available. You can create an account online or in store for nothing and just sign up for their emails.  This promotion was gone so quick I know my poor bestie cousin wasn't able to score one :(

First, here is what I ordered to take advantage of the promo!  Two of my favs and one new product!



First item is Macademia Oil Flawless.  As you know, I am obsessed with sulfate free products.  This product is amazing, revolutionary even! ;) I received it as a sample before in my New Beauty Test Tube.  At first I wasn't sure about it since I was afraid it would make my hair oily.  But it didn't!! It is shampoo and conditioner in one and has both macademia and argan oil in it.  It makes hair smooth and shiny and when I brush my hair out of the shower, not a strand comes out! Of course, it is similar to sulfate free in that there are no suds so that takes some getting used to but it is an amazing product that I strongly recommend!!


Next I got Benefit's Porefessional.  Benefit is still my favorite brand and I have loved everything I have ever gotten from them.  As I have gotten older the pores on my face are turning into sinkholes...its horrible! My mama says it is genetic.....doesn't make it better though!  This product is amazing.  It is not greasy like some are, it doesn't change the color of the other products on my face and it is flesh colored.  It goes on so smooth. I put it on clean skin before anything but if I need a touch up during the day it can go right over my makeup.  I haven't had to ever touch up during the day though :)  They have a full size online and a mini to try it out.  I got the mini and it lasts a while!

Now on to the star and what I was really excited about!


Benefit's They're Real Push-Up Liner!!!  I already love their They're Real Mascara because the wand gets every single lash and makes them much fuller which I need, since they are so sparse and thin.  This was advertised so much before it came out and I could not wait!  I wanted it because it is supposed to make the perfect cat eye effortlessly!!  And who doesn't want that?  I can do a cat eye but each eye usually looks different so I wanted something to make them consistent!!  I will get to my review later in this post but you can watch the video HERE to learn how to use it :)

Now here are the free gifts that I got with the purchase of these 3 items!!


AAAAHHHH!!!! Beauty Heaven!!!  I LOVE surprises more than I love a good deal and I got both with this!

First the bag is pink and it is vinyl! They had an orangey bag choice and if I knew it was more coral I would have gotten it.

Now the breakdown!!

The first item I was super excited about is........


Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara!!  I have heard great things about this mascara so am super excited to try it out!  I mean with a product name like that it HAS to be good, right??


Style Sexy Hair Spray Clay is next.  I love texturizing sprays and have been using Rusk's version so I am interested to see how this compares.  If you have never used a spray like this, do it!  It gives your hair volume and that piecey, fresh from the salon look :) Super sexy!


Laura Geller's BB Cream in Medium.  First I was excited it was in my shade!  Second I was happy because it is summer and I have only been using BB creams and tinted moisturizers :)  I used it this morning and I was happy with it.  Very light coverage so if I was not as tan as I am I might have needed to layer this on.


Mally Waterproof Eyeliner in Caribbean Sea. Blues and Teals are all the rage this summer so this is another one for my collection! And waterproof is always a plus!


Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Booster Serum. I hope I don't fall in love with this product because full size is $75 but I have also heard this was an amazing brand.  This serum increases dermal firmness (don't I sound smart) and eliminates deep wrinkles.  I am a firm believer in starting a good skin care regimen young!!


Cloud 9 Miracle Repair Shampoo.  I have not heard of this brand before but the description sounds like a dream, sulfate free product that gives body, bounce and shine.


Murad T-Zone Refining Serum and Pore & Line Minimzing Hydrator. Both clear skin and reduce pores and lines.  My go to product with them is their Oil Mattifier.  It keeps my skin matte and shine free ALL DAY so hopefully these products will be just as good.


John Freida Frizz Ease Smoothing Creme.  Excited to use this when I do my morning blowouts and see if it keeps my hair thick, straight and of course frizz free!


La Roche-Posay Mela-D Pigment Control Serum.  Hmmmm, I am pretty sure I have gotten this product before and liked it....maybe not because I feel I would remember :) It says it reduces dark spots and skin discoloration.  I don't really have that but it also says it can be used on other parts of the body like hands! So that is exciting because I know those suckers are coming!


Dolce and Gabana Dolce perfume.  Of course I like a $90 scent!! It is pretty.  It is more flowery than I usually like though.


Urban Decay Maxi-Lip Lipstick sampler.  I love the third color so can't wait to try these out!


Ulta Brilliant Color Lip Gloss.  This may be too pink for me though. I think it is Guava so it might be coral, too.  I will swatch it and might put in the giveaway.

Lastly are two little throw in things, some hand sanitizer and some sugary sweet perfume (Pink Sugar).  It is $45 so I may just have to test it to see what it is all about for that price because the packaging it not appealing.  So maybe it isn't a throw in after all lol




Wasn't that exciting!!?!??!

Oh and of course the 3 samples I picked for my order, I chose all perfume since I knew I was getting all this makeup and skincare and this is what they sent me.


First, they sent me two samples of men's cologne, Polo Red and Gucci Gulity which will go to Nick of course.  The third is Escada Born in Paradise.  Someone told me this was really nice so I can't wait to try it.

Okay, so of course this morning, I ran to my vanity like I was a kid on Christmas morning and ripped open my Benefit They're Real eyeliner!!



Took off the top and saw the wonderful pointed tip!!



It says to turn the product several times to get the gel to the top.  I counted 50 times, so it may be different for all of us.

I tried it on my hand first, which I recommend as I had no idea how much would come out or how Amy Winehouse the line would be either.  It was completely controllable.  I turned it to how much product I wanted on the tip and was able to do both eyes with it.  If you want more, just click it again.

I started in the middle of my eye.


Perfect, even line!

So I kept going and then flicked it at the end (it says to stamp it on your eye but I need to practice more when I am not rushed in the morning)....



Then went back to my inner eye and evened it out!! I am SO HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS!!!










Now of course this was my first time so I will only get better but my eyes look bigger and great!!  I mean, just being able to apply an even straight line on BOTH eyes is a miracle for me!!

Have you gotten Benefit's Push Up Liner yet??

What do you think and are you happy with the results??

Let me know in the comments below!

Also, stay tuned because tomorrow is Flash Friday and a giveaway contest is coming!! Also, I am still having another LARGE beauty giveaway at 200 likes so spread the word and get to likin' HERE :)

Have a great night!!

3 comments:

  1. Love the eyeliner on you!! I really should just breakdown and buy it soon looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It does seem dry in the beginning but after a few uses that goes away.

      Delete
  2. I am the poster girl for bad eyeliner until this product! It is worth trying at least to see if you like it!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips