Tuesday, December 2, 2014

November 2014 Sample Society Unboxing

Well lovelies, the move is officially OVER!!! We are in our new place and now the anxiety moves from packing to unpacking! I can't wait to get everything set up from my vanity to my craft room :) Soooooo, that is the reason I will be doing two November unboxings that should have been done last month :) Also, it is time to celebrate the 6 month anniversary of Mudpipes and Glitter!!!! I can't believe it has only been six months.  All the people and relationships that I have formed in these last 6 months has been incredible :)

Let's get started. Sample Society has been one of my favorite boxes from the beginning.  The last few months have been kind of meh boxes though.  I am really hoping for a stellar box in December with it being Christmas and all :)  The box is $15 a month and everyone gets the same box.  But we also get a $10 off $50 purchase coupon in each box that is good for buying stuff on their website, which is pretty darn near the same as Sephora.  Click HERE to check out the site and to sign up for this monthly beauty subscription!

The goodies
This month was a good mix of makeup, hair care and skin care.

My favorite product in this box is the perfume.  Calvin Klein Reveal.



This is such a sensual fragrance.  It has musk and sandalwood and is just super sexy but completely wearable in the daytime.  I love it.  I don't love that my taste is so expensive.  :)

Next up is Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Omega Nourishing Oil.  Wow, that was a mouthful.


The thing that upset me about this is that in the description of the product it said it wasn't recommended for thin hair as it could weigh it down.....well, THIN hair is what I have.  Plus this sample may quite be the smallest one I have ever received.  I ended up trading this for something I wanted better.  But if you have thick hair then this would be a great product for you to get some nourishment in your hair.

Next we have MD Solar Sciences Mineral Creme Beauty Balm.


I was excited to try this one as it claims to even skin tone and eliminate redness, which the winter weather is giving my face.  Plus it has green tea in it.  But I didn't really think that this was anything more than a lightly tinted moisturizer.  Calling it a beauty balm is quite a stretch.  And my pores were still quite visible so I can't call this a primer either.  At least it didn't do very well under my Kat Von D foundation.  I may try it under my BareMinerals foundation as it might be a better consistency for that.

Next is Lorac Cobra Mascara.


Last time I tried a mascara by Lorac it ended up flaking on me.  And with my contacts that is a recipe for disaster.  So this one we will see about.  The brush on this one is kind of crooked to help with curling the lashes but it surely doesn't do a better job than my eye lash curler.  This is just an ordinary mascara to me.

And the last item is Malin+Goetz Bergamot Body Wash.


This can be used as a body wash or a shampoo or a bubble bath.  It has a light bergamot fragrance, which for those that don't know, it is kind of a boozy, citrusy smell.   A pretty small sample, too.

My thoughts overall were.....meh.  I mean the samples sizes were super small and nothing was really remarkable as far as products go.  I mean sure, these are all items you could throw in an over night bag and depending on the person be good for a day since all the products each cover a need.  But not for me.  Fingers crossed for a better month next month!

What did you think of this month's box?

Let me know in the comments below!!

Have a great day!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips