Monday, March 9, 2015

NYX WonderStick Review




Short and sweet review to start out this super busy week!  Since the last two contour products I wrote about (KVD and Anastasia) weren't the best IMO I thought I would tell you about one that IS!!

Plus this is an affordable and super simple one to use.  This goes for $11.99 US at Ulta and comes in a variety of shades.  I am going to show you the Universal shade today as I truly think it is one every skin tone can use.  Unless you are very dark skinned, then I will suggest the deep shade.

The NYX Wonderstick is also something you can easily pop in your makeup bag for travel or if you need to touch up after work to go out.


One side is the highlighter and one side is the contour color.  Do you see the wonder?? :)

The contour swatch is true to color, it is not orange at all on me but the highlight swatch does not do it justice.


It is absolutely beautiful.  It is natural and it is not overly shimmery.  I personally feel like it offers the exact dewy look that we try to achieve with a highlight product.  I use my Real Techniques Expert Face brush to blend, blend, blend after I apply the contour color and my Beauty Blender for the highlight color.  Extreme contouring is something that I personally think is losing its novelty, but if you are a beginner then a product like this is pretty fool proof :)

I have to say NYX is really stepping up their game as of late.  I never used to be attracted to their products and lately I find myself quickly opening their emails when they announce a new product.

In fact, they just released a palette that I have heard is comparable to the Anastasia Beverly Hills contour palette and at a  cheaper cost.
If you are able to get your hands on the Wonderstick let me know what you think?  Do you already have this? Love it or hate it?

Let me know in the comments below!!

Have a great day!! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips