Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit in Light Review


So I wanted to get this review up pretty quickly because even when I Google "Anastasia Cream Contour Kit", nothing comes up.....there are no reviews and minimal info.  You will find out MAYBE that this cream contour kit was released at 12pm CT on 2/17/15 in shades light, medium and deep.  This also SOLD OUT that day and is no longer available on their site with no word yet as to when it will be re-released.

From ABH Instagram Page

I prefer a cream to powder contour.  However, I am still on the hunt for the HOLY GRAIL cream product.  Unfortunately, I am STILL on that hunt......

Here is what the palette looks like.  It is gorgeous.  Now quickly refer to the above swatches for the light kit.  I contemplated the medium kit merely for that coral color which is to die for.  But I figured it would be overall too dark, even though I knew I could not pull off that pink with my yellow undertones.

Outside

Inside

Now, here are the swatches on my skin.

Bleck.....
Notice anything? How about the fact that they all pull orange on my skin?? I was so upset. The vanilla color is a closer match to a foundation color than a contrasting highlight color.

I wanted so badly to love this but it just didn't happen.  The colors were easily blendable enough and creamy and the packaging was very travel friendly. And for only $40, the value based on the amount of product you get is great.  If these colors work for you, you will be reaching for this quite often.

I really had to blend, blend, blend to get this photograph!


This palette is also being sold at Macy's, but only deep is still online ( I believe it will end up being $50 shipped) so call your local store to check availability.

Did you get your hands on this?

What are your thoughts?

Let me know in the comments below!!

Have a great day!! xo

3 comments:

  1. do you still use the kit? i keep seeing people say its far too orange

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Babe I returned it as you can see from the swatches above it was way too orange on me too :( I wanted to love this so badly :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie, I apologize for the delay in responding but your comment means so much to me, thank you for your kind words and feedback!! Glad to have you here!!xo

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips