Wednesday, February 4, 2015

MAC Studio Sculpt Quicky Foundation Review


I think I mentioned this in my most recent video, I love my Estee Lauder Double Wear but I have been so dry lately I needed something to help with that.  Enter MAC Studio Sculpt!!

I love it, I seriously am in loooooooove with it.

It goes on like a dream and is so smooth and creamy.  I am actually an NW20 in this shade which I am at odds with.  Mac is backwards with its toning system....is that a thing??  So the W is usually referring to warm yellow undertones but at Mac it is for cool, pink undertones.....I am confused just typing this.  I think it is a bit too pinky on me, although it photographs very well.  I have ordered an NC20 which I should have Friday to really compare.  So just keep that in mind when ordering online, their system is backwards.  And if you try it on in store make sure you go to a window to check it in natural lighting.

The only thing I wish I could change is that I do need to set with a pretty good setting powder or I will get oily during the day.  I have read a bunch of reviews and this is just the way this foundation is. So if you are super oily, I do not recommend this. If you have normal to dry skin, this is worth picking up.  It gives a natural looking dewey finish to the skin.  I also noticed that after you put it on, it looks even better by the time I am done with all of my makeup.  Like it settles in a GOOD way :)

The foundation is thick (but not KVD thick) and not runny and despite the weird presentation, like you're squirting out frosting, it makes for a no mess application.  I put it on the back of my hand to pick up with my brush.  It is medium to full coverage but I barely need any.  If I have a breakout then I can use more.  I did just think about when I got to the bottom of the tube how will I get all the product out? This product is definitely build-able.

I use my 187SE duo fibre brush to apply and it gives me an airbrushed finish.  I tried my Sigma F80 with it and I was not pleased.....maybe it's me??  I'm truly more of a stipple-er than a buffer.  I haven't tried to apply with my beauty blender yet and I am not sure why.  I think I wanted this to work so badly with my brushes I just overlooked my old standby.

I will update you when the NC20 comes as I am really hoping it is even better due to the coloring. This is the only foundation I have tried from Mac, which one do you all use or prefer?  There are so many to choose from!

Let me know in the comment below :) Would you like a post on determining undertones and all that jazz? :)

Did I mention I am in love with this?? :)

Have a great day!! xo

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm curious to try it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU Valerie!! Try it!! It really is great if you are dry lately!! :)

      Delete

 
Blogging tips