Monday, December 15, 2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review aka My New Holy Grail Foundation



I am a foundation and concealer junkie, I am always looking for the next best thing.  Let me tell you guys, I have found it and am done looking.    I recently just did a post on Kat Von D's Lock It Foundation (check it out HERE).  Based on several recommendations from my beauty junkie friends, this foundation is better than Kat Von D.  So I had to put it to the test since I liked KVD but there were enough cons to make me look elsewhere.

I blindly ordered my color online at Sephora since there was no exact color match for me based on my color IQ number.  I ordered Rattan.  Now, just so you know, Estee Lauder has so many shade options covering all ranges of skin tones.  Many more than Kat Von D.  From warm, to cool to neutral.  I am usually warm in other foundations, thus the reason I chose Rattan.

When I got the actual foundation though I was worried it was too yellow.


Hard to tell from the swatch I know since it actually looked like a perfect match to my hand.  So I thought I would still apply it to my face to see what I thought....did you hear that? It was angels singing when the foundation touched my face!   Now I am a committed beauty blender user since all the foundations I have tried using brushes with just smear and look cakey.  But I did my research and it does say this is best applied with a foundation brush.


I used my Real Techniques foundation buffing brush (all the way to the right) to apply.  It went on smooth, it covered my blemish, it covered my pores, it looked airbrushed and it was overall beautiful.



The problem was that yes, this color was much too yellow for my face and there was a noticeable difference in my face and my neck, my ultimate makeup pet peeve.  But I thought maybe it would tone down throughout the day so I bravely left the house.  Luckily I have long hair (long hair, don't care) and could hide my neck.

Now, those who know me, know I want what I want when I want it.  Sooooo, I spent all day trying to figure out how I could get my right shade since I don't have a Sephora right by me.  Well, Carson Pierre Scott down the street from me has an Estee Lauder counter and not only will they color match you, they will give you a 10 day sample of your shade! Done!  I knew that would get me through till Friday when I could exchange my Rattan for my correct shade.

It turns out that I am Desert Beige, a neutral shade in this foundation line.  The match is incredible.  My dream foundation look is one that completely matches my face so I can really rock a bold eye or a lip.

SO I got my sample and used it this morning and it matched perfectly.  Unfortunately for me, I tried a new lotion and primer (today I used NYX pore filler and yesterday I used Benefit porefessional) and my face is pretty dry today which affected the flawless look I am going for.  I am also on fertility medication (another post for another day) and that is of course affecting my skin.


But I love it, I love the way that it looks and it literally lasted all day, no smudging, no blotching.  I looked the same at the end of the day as I did when I walked out the door at 7:30 am. And best of all, I did not ever once even feel like I was wearing makeup.  And I obsessively checked this stuff out on my face all day to make sure it looked the same.

Now this one does dry quickly too so work on small sections of your face.  But even when I did that with Kat Von D, I couldn't get a seamless look and it just wouldn't stay on and it oxidized throughout the day no matter what I did.

The con is the price point at $38 a bottle and that there is no pump on the bottle.  It is a pour top which can be quite messy especially if you are in a rush in the morning.  But other than that I am in love.  If I feel the need for a bit of extra coverage in a spot, it doesn't look cakey at all.

So I went out and got my full size bottle :) EEEK! I love it!!



Here are a few more pics in different lighting.  The last one is at the end of the day, it looks the same as when I put it on.




Now this foundation also claims to be transfer proof, well I don't believe that any makeup is truly transfer proof. I mean if I put a white shirt on over my head I am sure this is going to smudge.  But I will tell you I am sick and blowing my nose, and I don't get a tissue full of makeup when I do so it doesn't come off easy.

That being said, it is a 15 hour wear makeup so make sure you are using a makeup remover prior to cleaning your face to ensure that you got it all off.

And there ya have it, I am in love.  If you are on the fence about this foundation, GET THE FOUNDATION :)  The end.

Have you tried Double Wear yet?  What are your thoughts and tricks?

Let me know in the comments below!!

Have a great day!! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips