Tuesday, December 16, 2014

December 2014 Sample Society Unboxing




The last few months were meh months for Allure's Sample Society in my eyes, including last month's.  Read about it HERE.  So of course I was super excited when I opened this month's box. They surely made up for it with the goodies in the December Sample Society box which I was hopeful for with it being the holidays and all.

For those that are new here (thanks to my last giveaway we have tons of new people.....say hello ya'll!), Sample Society is a monthly beauty subscription full of deluxe to full sized items for $15 a month.  We all get the same box so that is the only drawback, that there is no personal profile to fill out.  Each month you also get a $10 off $50 purchase coupon to be used on Beauty.com (just like Sephora's site).  Click HERE to sign up today!

Let's get to reviewing, shall we......

Now I am excited about each item so this is surely not in order of preference here.

First up is Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Eye Creme.



Since I am piggybacking off of the Double Wear post I thought I would do this little guy first.  Okay, he may be small but he packs a punch (ha, I feel like I've heard that somewhere before I was married)......this creme reduces all the signs of aging around the eyes.  It is cool and more like a gel than a creme.  I have been using it every night for the last few nights and I will tell you it is making a difference.  My under eye area is much more hydrated and I can tell when I put my concealer on. The price point is high, as with most Estee Lauder items, but it inevitably seems like it will be worth it for the results.

Next up is Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base.


I love highlighters and luminizers so was happy to see this.  And what is even better is all the ones I have ever used have been pink or golden and this one is like a white sheen.  It comes in two colors and this is called Nude Radiance.

with flash

without flash

It is pretty and thin so it doesn't make your makeup drag or move when applying it.  Perfect to have in my makeup bag in my purse, but the staying power on this over blush and other points is great.  I am going to try adding this to my foundation next to give an all over healthy glow.  This seems just the right consistency and is not shimmery but luminous (duh, Brooke, that's the name of it....)

Next, is RGB Nail Polish in OxBlood.


Full size bottle valued at $18 so we have already exceeded the cost of the box.  This picture does not do it justice.  I love dark colors and this is no exception.  And funny enough it does look like blood on my fingertips.


I also think it complements my skin tone which is just another plus.  This is two coats and you can't get away with one.  But I don't have a glossy top coat on (just a quick dry) so you can see how shiny the polish itself is.

Next up is Butter London's Lippy in Abbey Rose.


This is also a full size product, valued at $20.  The color is very pretty.  Perfect for work and light skin tones.  It is more of a neutral than a pink.  This lipstick glides on and is full of avocado and shea butter.  Almost good enough to eat....almost :)

And last up is a favorite brand of mine, Crabtree and Evelyn's La Source Hand Therapy.


Growing up, my grandmother would always get me the fanciest products for Christmas.  I mean I wasn't showered in lavish gifts and stuff, I just mean she always knew just how to spoil me.  Whether with fancy bubble bath or shampoo or gift sets from brands I had no idea who they were.  I only knew if Nany liked them then they were good because she had impeccable taste.  This lotion melts into your skin and immediately soothes any dry patches and crusty cuticles.  More avocado in this baby.  I mean this could be the best hand creme I have ever used.

And there ya have it.  December's Sample Society box.  They hit it out of the park as far as I am concerned.  A great holiday box and each item I have used daily since I got the box.

Also, there is a new feature on the site, you can order any of their monthly boxes if you don't currently have a subscription for the same $15 fee.  They always have 2 day shipping which is amazing!!  Click HERE to get this December box yourself!

Have you signed up already? What did you think of this months box?  Which item is your favorite?

Let me know in the comments below!!

Have a great day!!xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips