Wednesday, November 26, 2014

November 2014 Product Favs

Time for my monthly favs based on all the products I received this month.  In fact, this month I picked 6 items.  This is a great month and I am super excited about these products!!

My new go to products

First, let's talk about Unwash!!  I actually won two bottles of this in a contest!



  • Unwash is a cleansing conditioner.  These are all the rage right now and I was obsessed with Macademia's Flawless Cleansing Conditioner once I tried it.  I even got my cousin Kelly hooked on it. :) These products put the multi in multi tasker.  Unwash is more than a shampoo and conditioner in one. It locks in hairs natural moisture and color. NO SULFATES OR PARABENS! This felt incredible in the shower but the real magic happened after.  My hair was so smooth after drying and felt healthier. I really can't even describe how much I like it.  I like it even more than the Macademia! Plus being able to only use one product in the shower instead of 3 is great.  Even my second day hair is less greasy then it normally is. These look like they are only available in salons currently so click HERE to find your nearest one.  That makes me a tad bit sad that I can't buy online but they have a couple other products to check out, too.  It looks like they also offer daily samples if you get to their website early enough.  You have to try this product! :)

  • Next is Josie Maran's 100 % Pure Argan Oil. Argan Oil used to just be for our hair and now we are using it for everything.  I am an oil girl! I love all of my oils but this is my new favorite and much more affordable than Caudalie :)  It is full of Vitamin E and essential oils and I truly can say I noticed a difference in my skin the first time I used it.  I put it on at night and in the morning under my makeup. It does wonders for my skin, keeps me glowing, keeps me moisturized all day and with winters in Chicago, I need all the help I can get! My trick is to apply when my skin is still a little damp to really get it to soak in. Another product you have to try! 

  • Okay next is First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream and Ultra Repair Concentrate.  And yes, I got samples at Sephora to try before I bought and it is amazing.  Another Chicago winter staple for dry skin.  I have supa dupa oily skin in the summer and I'm an alligator in the winter. No happy medium. The cream is thick, thick, thick. But you wouldn't know if it you were blindfolded and had someone rub it on your face :) It sinks right into your skin. NO greasy feel! It has made my skin clearer too! I think it is due to the eucalyptus, shea and oatmeal :) The concentrate is actually supposed to be stronger but is like a serum almost. I use that one in the morning under my makeup.  


Left is cream and right is concentrate


  • Next up is Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer.  My wonderful friend Heather gave this to me.  It truly does smell like chocolate and is the perfect brown color for bronzing and contouring. This is actually the medium/deep shade and it is not too dark on me at all.  It does not look muddy on my face and blends so nicely.  Perfect since my face is starting to look like a piece of paper it is getting so white!  It is also completely matte, no shimmer.



Full size picture



  • Now this product came in my Birchbox and I indicated how much I loved it from my first impression.  Now after using it almost daily I want you to know how much more I love it. Modelco Party Proof Lipstick in Nearly Nude.  This is a smooth, velvety lipstick and truly is the perfect nude.  Now, staying power isn't that great unless you really prime your lips, but I don't mind reaching for it throughout the work day to add some color and hydration.  It always leaves a smooth finish on my lips and doesn't feel waxy. Did I mention I love the color??  






  • And last up is Fekkai Blowout Refresher Dry Shampoo.  We all know I am a devoted lover of Klorane Oat Milk Dry Shampoo but this one is different.  My wonderful friend Mary sent this to me to try.  I can't explain it but when I use this one, it makes my second day hair stayed curled ALL DAY LONG. I am talking about until bed time.  So I always shower and wash my bangs only with second day hair and then I spray this in my roots and flip my head over and work it through from my roots to my ends with my fingers.  It keeps my hair just as voluminous as it was the day I blow dried it and refreshes my hair.  It has a light scent to it which is nice.

And there ya have it, my favorite products for the month of November.  Let me tell you, it is very hard to narrow products down so when I do these lists I mean business!! Get samples at your local Sephora when you can! :)

Have you tried or are currently using any of these?

What are your thoughts??

Let us know in the comments below!!

Have a great day!! xo



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips