Wednesday, June 11, 2014

NCLA Nail Wraps Tutorial & Review




A few weeks ago I heard about the free promotion with Wantable.  I was able to get all three monthly subscription boxes (makeup, intimates and jewelry) for $1 each.  Normally these boxes are $40 each.  I was happy with the boxes for the $1 price but will not be spending $40 a month on them.

This is what I got in the makeup box.


Last night I tried the NCLA Nail Wraps in Jagged Edges.  They are $18.00 for 26 applications.
Get Them Here.

I am overall a huge fan of nail wraps.  Depending on the brand, they last much longer than traditional polish and come in a variety of textures and patterns and colors.



The instructions say to start out with clean, dry nails.  For the fingers that you want the wraps on, apply a coat of clear polish.  I decided that I only wanted to to do one finger this time to try them out and to save time.  I used a coat of Sally Hansen's clear polish.  Get It Here.


As you can see my green Julep polish was really hard to get off! :) So this was as clean as I could get them.

For the rest of my nails I wanted a bright color that would go with both the purple and the blue in the nail wraps.  I chose Sally Hansen's Sonic Bloom.  This is also one of their insta-dri polishes that dries within 60 seconds. Get It Here.





It is kind of a mix between an orange and a pink color :)  So pretty!!

Then, take the wrap that you want and line it up on your finger with the rounded edge near the cuticle.  Smooth and smooth until all of the air bubbles are out underneath the wrap.



Take the included nail file and simply file off the excess wrap, flush with your finger nail.


TA DA!!




The finished product :)

I think they came out really nice.  My only complaint would be that today I am noticing that I didn't rub out the bubbles well enough on the blue nail.  Also, in this pack that I received, there are not duplicates of the patterns.  So I couldn't have done the same purple on both of my hands if I wanted to.

Have you used nail wraps before?

Which one is your favorite?

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips