Monday, June 16, 2014

DIY Summer Wreath Tutorial


Since I have gotten older (still young, but older), I love to decorate my home for each holiday.  I like the whimsical feeling of it and want to start now before I have children so I can follow the tradition with them, too.  In fact, the kiddos will be making all sorts of crafts, they have no idea!! :)

So, since it is June and the Memorial Day wreath is down and it is not time to do the 4th of July wreath, I wanted to make something for the in between time. So today here is a DIY Summer Wreath Tutorial.

Michaels is always having great sales.  And if they are not, then my go to store is Hobby Lobby.  My total for the supplies for this wreath was roughly $30.  You are not going to find a wreath like this for that price and if you do, let me know!!

I already had the vision in my head of what I wanted.  I wanted something country (of course!), something purple and I wanted the letter "M" for our monogram.

So here is what I found:



  • A wooden wreath
  • Sprigs of purple and white flowers
  • A monogram
  • Ribbon
  • Adorable lovebirds
  • Wire beads
  • Spray Paint
The first thing you want to do is actually lay out the items on the wreath before you start gluing them on.  Get creative and be inspired!!  Move things around, change the layout, now is the only time before it becomes permanent :)



First, I know that I want my "M" to be purple and it will take 30 minutes for the paint to dry, so I am going to paint that first.



Now I will go back inside and cut off all of the excess greenery on the flowers.  I only keep a very small piece attached to the flower as I will just be sticking the flowers behind the twigs.



Then I will glue on all of the pieces!! Simple as that!!



Halfway there!

Now I will attach the accent pieces.


Look how adorable these love birds are!!  I can't stand it!!


These actually came with clips on them so I didn't have to wrestle them and get them to stick to the wreath, thank goodness!! :)

Lastly, I just wrapped the ribbon under the flowers, across the top to hang it on the door with.



TA DA!!



What type of holiday decorations do you do?

Do you have a go to summer wreath?

Let me know in the comments below!!

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips