Friday, June 20, 2014

BeautyBar.Com Sample Society Box Reviews

The beginning of this week marked a special where BeautyBar.com was offering past mystery boxes to be purchased at a lesser price.  I took advantage of the 2 for $15 special.  The boxes are normally $15 a month and all come with 5 deluxe samples, a mini Allure magazine with in depth product reviews and a $10 gift card for a $50 purchase on their website.  All of the items that I received are on the website so that helps towards the purchase of a full size product.

I have not read many reviews on this subscription so of course curiosity got the best of me!  Plus the website lists many popular brands that they work with and so that sealed the deal for me.

I placed the order on Tuesday and got it last night, that was IMPRESSIVE!  So here is what I got and I am going to provide feedback and BeautyBar.com Sample Society Box reviews.  If you have been thinking about getting this subscription, please use my code:MIAN969688 and GO HERE to sign up.

As you can see Paisley is just as excited as mama is!!


 Here is the 1st box.  Let me preface by saying that there is no beauty profile to fill out so it is kind of a guess as to if what they provide will actually match your coloring, skin tone or hair type.

My first impression of this box was a good one!  Right off the bat, I can see names of companies that I really like.

Now let's break it down by item, aka the FUN part!!

 I love the Philosophy brand, although it is expensive so these are times that I love my beauty subs!  This is an overnight cream that is supposed to deliver magical results....not unicorns in your bedroom, but hydrated, smooth skin with diminishing fine lines.  Sounds great!  I am excited to see the results with this and it is a nice sized sample.  Get It Here.

Next is Dermalogica's daily microfoliant. So basically, it is a cleanser.  It will exfoliate dead skin, leave skin brighter, and evens skin tone.  Love it!  Again, a nice sized sample.  Get It Here.

I recently just wrote a post on How Not To Have An Oily Face and featured Murad as my first product, so I was very happy to see another product of theirs in my box!  Plus since my pores keep getting bigger as I get older (thanks Mom!), this may be a product I will purchase.  Witch Hazel and Kombucha are the stars of this product!  Get It Here.

I was a fan of dry shampoos before my friends even knew what they were, which made them think I was crazy :) Now almost every brand has them.  They are incredible!  Since I have color treated hair, it is suggested to not wash my hair every day.  Well, I still shower every day so something has to go in my hair!  Dry shampoos take out all the oils and freshen up your hair.  Think of them as the modern day baby powder, without the nasty white residue.  Again, another great brand but the sample is so small I don't even know if I will get a one time use....Get It Here.

Lastly, this box came with a Stila lip glaze, in color Starfruit.  I love glosses and have not yet tried this by Stila so I am happy with is.  But it has also crossed my mind to give it away with an upcoming giveaway I will be doing as it is full size and valued at $22!!.  Get It Here.

Although the Stila more than covers the cost of the box, the first box got a 4 out of 5 for me, due to size of Alterna sample.

On to the next one.....

Now just as I knew all of the brands with the first one, I only know 1 of the brands with this one!

I have tried SuperGoop before but it was in CC cream. The color didn't match so I wasn't really able to get a feel for the product.  But again, this is eye cream and I am happy with skin care products as it saves me a lot of money :)  This claims to give the eyes a well rested look and is firming, cooling and moisturizing.  Of course, I forgot to use it this morning and I am not bright eyed and bushy tailed haha!  Also, this is a small sample so I am hoping a little goes a long way.  Get It Here.

Here is my trying to take a picture of the next product and Paisley wanting attention :)

Take 2...

This is another full size product of Lollia's shea butter hand cream.  These hand creams always make me think of my grandmother so I am very happy with it.  The tube itself is beautiful and it smells of rice flower, magnolias and mimosa.  Beautiful and luxurious.  Get It Here.

Now this is super fancy!!!  Tres Pure's face tonic.  I have always wanted to try a face tonic.  They are said to promote skin cell growth, make skin smooth and supple, firm skin, minimize fine lines, and purify the skin. It goes on after cleansing and before makeup. I REALLY want this to work :) And a nice size sample.  Get It Here.

Clueless to this brand, but it smells like lemons and springtime :)  That is IMO, the product page actually says Notes include Sicilian lemon, citron, grapefruit, green mandarin, cypress, aldehyde and ylang-ylang.

It is a unique smell but I think it really is lovely. The price is a bit CRAZY but I will be consistent and say Get It Here. :)

Lastly, a FULL SIZE eyeshadow trio by Vincent Longo.  This is a $30 value, so with this being the second full size product, it more than covers the cost of the box.  I know I said this is a new product to me, however I did get a trio in lighter colors in my Wantable box before.  These are CAMO colors to me!! I will definitely use them.  I recommend using an eyelid primer to get it to last all day.    Get It Here.

So for this box, I will give it a 5 out of 5!!

Overall, I am very pleased with what I got for $15.  My subscription to Beauty Box 5 is almost over ( I only tried it for 4 months) and I am in the market for another comparable sub.  Right now it is between BoxyCharm or BeautyBar.com.

Are you currently getting the BeautyBar.com monthly subscription?

Are these boxes comparable to what you always get?

Please let me know in the comments below!!

Have a great day!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips