Thursday, January 15, 2015

Winter Look MOTD-drugstore edition

commonly referred to as RSG

It has been a long time since I have purchased drugstore makeup.  And not because I have become a makeup snob now, only that the items I buy that are high end last me so long that I haven't needed to venture out to the drugstore.

But I have heard great things about CoverGirl's Ready,Set, Gorgeous line so you know I had to check it out. Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought him back!

So, of course, my struggle is always determining foundation color.  I don't want to look like a napkin and I don't want to look like I have a makeup mask on either.  I want an accentuation of my own skin, that's not too much to ask, is it.....

You all may be having a similar struggle as none of us really have that summer "glow" anymore since it is January.  Unless you are tanning in which case I am so envious since I stopped going to tanning salons and miss it so very much.......

This website is a great tool to aid you in finding other brands and in what shade you are....Findation

I got shade 110 which is classic ivory and it is just a tad off from my coloring still.  I used my wrist as my guide which you really should not do, always test on your jawline when testing a new foundation shade.  I was in a hurry and now shall pay the price of going back to the store.  Although when I use Findation it does tell me that 110 is my color in some of the other products so I don't feel completely useless.  In fact, I do plan on trying Urban Decay Naked Skin next based on this website.

The foundation went on amazing.  It was smooth and creamy but not runny.  It is well pigmented so covers any dark spots or blemishes and did not crease up in my smile lines.  I used my Beauty Blender to apply it.

always looks the best when first put on

It doesn't even look like I have makeup on which is the look I am going for!!  I decided to get crazy and try a makeup setting spray.  I know, already giving the RSG a bad rap thinking it won't stay on all day.

they also have a matte setting spray

I went for NYX dewy finish setting spray.  It is nearly noon and I have had the foundation on for 6 hours.  I am starting to "feel" it.  So to me that means it is possibly piling up on my face.  And when I look in the mirror my face is slightly pink.....funny because usually I have foundations turning yellow on me and this one turned pink.  

a little pink face

So my experimentation tells me two things.  One, this is not the right color for me and two, I need to find a better color.  Good thing I wore a turtleneck today :)



I used Too Faced's Natural At Night Palette for my eyes and MUFE's brown liquid liner.  I contoured with my NARS narscissist cheek palette.  So drugstore for the most part :) Oh and Anastasia's dipbrow in blonde which I am IN LOVE with!!  Do ya'll need another eyebrow tutorial? Want it on video? Want it with dipbrow? Let me know xo  I cannot believe the transformation my eyebrows have made in the past 6 months.  They are full and shaped and mama likey :)

What is your go to cheapie foundation?  I want to know!!

Let me know in the comments below.

Have a great day!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips