Monday, January 19, 2015

Winter Skin Care Regimen Including GlamGlow SuperCleanse Review

Let me first preface by saying in the summer I am an oil slick....I used to have to use those blotting papers throughout the day until I found products to help control it.  Well in the winter it is a whole new ball game and now I am a dry, leathery alligator.  The struggle is real, people.  Plus, since I have started taking fertility medication, it has caused me some hormonal acne which just adds to my daily fun.

BUT I am making headway with some amazing new (new to me) products I want to tell you about today.

First up is the GlamGlow SuperCleanse Daily Cleanser.



I love this brand.  I love all of their masks so when I heard they were coming out with a daily cleanser I jumped on it!  They have two cleansers, one for problem skin and one for dry skin.  I would love to alternate between the two but I just want to clear up my skin currently and at the price point it is preventing me from getting both.  Some of the main ingredients in this cleanser are eucalyptus leaf powder and Mediterranean clays.

Pros: After just one week of use my pores were almost invisible.  This product tightens wonderfully and cleared up my skin.  It is a mud to foam cleanser and takes a lot of effort to wash off but doesn't leave me feeling dry.
 
Cons: It smells like black licorice (bleck) and the pump is awkward.

I use this morning and night. After cleansing in the morning I use whatever exfoliater? exfoliant? I am fancying at the time and then follow with a good moisturizer.  These are key elements in the winter months. You want to slough off the dead skin but replace the lost moisture and lock it in.

Now for my evening ritual.  Sephora currently is running a promotion where you can get 5 deluxe skin care items and a travel bag for $29.  These are the items I picked up.




I love them all so far!!  The Peter Roth Retinol Fusion PM goes on first and then I follow with Ole Henriksen Vitamin C serum.  Both of these ingredients (retinol and vitamin C) should be added to your daily routine to keep skin clear and young looking.  It is never too early to start.  I had been looking for both of these ingredients for a while now so was glad to get the chance to try them.  The set back......well they cost an arm and a leg for full size so I will have to keep picking up the minis.  Granted, they are tiny but a little goes a long way.  If you click on the links you can get additional information and read reviews on them and get a full list of ingredients.  The retinol boosts collagen and tightens and gets rid of fine lines and problem skin.  The serum is full of nutrients that feed your skin keeping it healthy.  Lastly, I am using Algenist Genius Cream. This smells like vanilla and feels like whipped butter.  It is thin yet so moisturizing and sinks into the skin. Incredible. The GlamGlow Thirsty Mud is actually the mask version of the thirsty mud daily cleanser. This is perfect for the winter months as it really gives you a boost of added moisture just where you need it. And lastly is the Dr. Jart Expansion Mask. Since I am a mask addict, I just had to get this and I have yet to try it so I will update you on my results.  You hook this one over your ears so I am sure my husband is going to love how I look in this one.  I like masks that offer immediate results and I was not pleased with his pore mask.

So there ya have it, these are the new items I am trying this January for skin care.  I hardly need to wear as much foundation as I did a month ago because my skin is glowing.

Remember if you have a Sephora near you, you can always ask for samples of these products to try before you buy but this is really a great promotion going on.

Have you used any of these products? Let me know what you think of them in the comments below!

Have a great day! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips