Friday, October 31, 2014

October 2014 Product Favs

Last day of the month means time to show ya'll what the winners were for me this month based on all the goodies I got!

October 2014 Product Favs

Starting at the left, Caviar CC 10 in 1 Cream, Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hair Spray, Borghese Brightening Makeup, Juice Beauty Lip Gloss in Guava and Marc Jacobs Gel Liner Set.

There are two hair care products this month because combined they are a powerful duo!

First up, Caviar CC 10 in 1 Cream.  This REALLY does what it says it does.  And I have tried A LOT of hair products.  It makes my hair shiny, fights frizz, protects against heat, is a great leave in conditioner.  It can also be used on dry hair.  Try it, you won't regret it!

Next, I am in LOVE with Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hair Spray.

This goes on while your hair is damp and I am talking mega volume here. I have thin, fiiiiiiiine hair and I was amazed at the results the first time I used it.

Va Va Voom

As mentioned in a previous post, I finger dry my hair(after wringing dry with a cotton shirt to help eliminate frizz), then use a round boar brush to smooth and then put my hair up in no heat, velcro rollers while I put my makeup on, let the dogs out, drink coffee and be fabulous.  When I am ready to walk out the door I take the rollers out! This is right from the rollers.  Va Va Voom!!  Even my wonderful husband noticed something was different!

There is a small bottle you can try out before purchasing the large one, which is exactly what I did.  If you've got thin hair, TRY THIS!

Next is a product I really scoffed at when I first saw it in the tube.  Borghese Brightening Makeup. Pink "brightening" makeup? What am I 5?  I was bored one day and opened it and boy am I glad I did.  In fact, I just found out it is sold on Birchbox's website and is SOLD OUT! (Side bar, you can get it at Beauty Bar's website for the same price).  This is actually similar to a highlighter and can be worn over foundation, under foundation or mixed with foundation or moisturizer, depending on the level of sheen and coverage you want.  It gave me that "lit from within" glow.  It is a beautiful color.

See, a beautiful color

Similar to Benefit's High Beam actually.  And great for the winter months since we all could use a little shimmer with the sun in hibernation :)

Next is Juice Beauty Lip Gloss in Guava.  This can also be found at Birchbox or Ulta.  I won this and forgot all about it.  My first impression was I loved the color but not the smell.  It has an earthy, fruity smell.  But after using it daily, it is kind of an addicting smell and I love it now!  It is made with blueberries and organic goji berries so I think that is partly to blame or thank!  The gloss sinks into my lips and immediately refreshes them without looking like I'm sticky with gloss.  Just natural. This is the perfect natural lip color, too.

"I'm Glossy"

Last but certainly the star of the show, is part of my prize package from Marc Jacobs Beauty (I promise I am working on that post next).  The Sky Liner Seven Piece Petite Highliner Collection.

These go on like butter!!  There is no skipping or dragging across my eyelid.  I can use one hand and not even have to pull my lid taught.  Plus the colors....oh the colors!!  They are gorgeous! I don't even want to swatch them to waste product lol  So here is a picture I found online.

Courtesy of CakeMakeup.com

They are beautiful! They last ALLLLL DAAAAY long, too!!  I haven't even used all the colors yet because I am stuck on the purple, green and bronze.  They bring out the colors in my eyes so well.

#purplepeopleeater

Here is the Halloween makeup I wore today using all Marc Jacobs makeup.  The eyeliner is so pretty that I am working on a holiday eye makeup look with these too.

And there ya have it loves!

The creme de la creme of my products this month.  Sure there are other ones I use but these all really stood out as stars individually and of course can create an entire look together.

Have you used any of these? What do you think of them?

Let us know in the comments below!!

Happy Halloween and have a great night!! xo






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips