Tuesday, October 7, 2014

GlossyBox September 2014 Reveal

September 2014 GlossyBox

Another wonderful month from GlossyBox.  GlossyBox is $21 a month and everyone gets the same box.  They do have a points system, similar to BirchBox and Ipsy, and when you review your items received, you end up getting a free box.  What I love about GlossyBox is it is a great mix of makeup, skincare and haircare.  And luxury brands and deluxe items.  Most of them always include at least one full size product.  Click HERE if you would like to subscribe!

Also, this month's collaboration is with Harpers Bazaar, the magazine, so everything was hand picked to create a minimalistic, chic fall 2014 look :)

First Look
On to the awesome items.......

First up is the product I am most excited about this month! What's nice about these monthly boxes is they introduce you to things you might otherwise not have purchased for yourself.  And then you end up loving them. (and then going broke buying everything J/K)

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Black Dahlia. $18.00 product :)

The Perfect Matte Lip
I have always wanted to try this brand since they are 100% Vegan and Cruelty Free.  I have also heard wonderful things about them.  I can't say I have ever said I have wanted to try matte lip tar. Boy, am I glad I did.  The tiniest amount covers my whole mouth. And I absolutely LOVE the color. It is the perfect fall color and can go to a deep, deep dark burgundy the more you apply.  So PERFECT Halloween color, too!

My serious face
I am in love.  They have a TON of other colors, so make sure you click on the link above to check them all out.  They recommend priming your lip with a clear lip tar. I primed my lips with e.l.f.'s exfoliating lip balm.

Perfect for chapped winter lips
It is $3.00 and is the best I have found so far for chapped lips, so is perfect to prep for a matte color.

Okay, back to the box :)

Next up is Essie nail polish in She's Pampered. $8.50 product.

Great red for Fall
This is described as an indulgent red.  I think the more coats you apply the redder it will become as with two coats for me I still thought it was quite bright.  It is a very flattering color, especially for my pale white skin.  I cut back on tanning and am still upset about it.  This will be going on my toes next :)

Just a reminder, we have already exceeded the cost of the box with these two products that I love.

Next up is one of the staples in my beauty bag.

They're Real Mascara by Benefit. $10.00 product.

I am obsessed with the wand

The best thing about this mascara is the wand.  It truly brings out lashes I  didn't know I had.  Also, the SECRET to really getting the most out of this mascara is to apply both up and down with the entire wand and then turn it to use the tip to go over the lashes again to really extend the length.

Next is BVLGARI Eau Parfumme au the vert Conditioner. $16.00 product.

Fancy Pants Conditioner
To be honest, I will never buy this product.  In fact, I can't even find it online to buy it if I wanted to. Of course, I wanted to be fancy and try it (it is sulfate free after all), which I did, but sadly, I only smelled the fragrance in my hair when applying.  It didn't last the day which was very disappointing for such a pricey product. Besides that, I don't think there was any benefit to my hair.......

Lastly, is VICHY LiftActiv Night Cream. $13 product.

Thick Night Cream
This is described as a 24 hour moisturizer that fights the signs of aging and wrinkles.  It also is skin firming. I am a sucker for a thick, hydrating cream but I have not made up my mind if I am going to use this or give it to my wonderful mother :)

And there ya have it!  The breakdown of the September 2014 GlossyBox.

This was a great box for the value and I fell in love with another product for fall :)

Do you already subscribe to GlossyBox?  Want to? Click HERE.

What did you think of this month's box?

Let us know in the comments below!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. So excited! I just signed up a couple weeks ago can't wait to get my first box!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you :-) like I said they always have at least one full sized product which usually exceeds the cost of the box.I'd love to know what you think when you get this month's box!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips