Monday, November 9, 2015

DIY Fall Candle Holders using fake (or real) leaves

Hey guys!!  I haven't done a DIY in awhile and I was in a crafting mood this weekend.  Plus I got these supplies last year but with the move, they got lost in all my craft supplies.  So needless to say, with the holiday season soon approaching, more and more DIY's will be coming!



This will be one of the easiest and prettiest crafts you will ever do!!



Get together the following:


  • Type of glass (vase, jar, bowl)
  • Mod Podge (I used matte finish but you can use shiny too)
  • Leaves (fake will be the quickest as real you will need to dry out prior to using)
  • Sponge
  • Optional: Burlap, Twine, Ribbon


Take your sponge applicator and apply mod podge liberally to the glass.  Wait a few seconds until it gets tacky and then put your leaves on, one by one, and coat liberally with mod podge until the edges stick to the glass.  Keep turning your piece around and around, adding as many or as few leaves as you like.

Let dry at least an hour.


I popped a candle in right away to see how pretty it looked!!

I then added some twine and ribbon for the finishing touches!!




And there ya go! I placed them right on my dining room table as my centerpiece!  You can see the mod podge gives kind of a stained glass effect.  If you don't care for that, then be strategic with your placement of the mod podge so it only covers the leaves.

Easy Peasy!!

Have you done any modpodge crafts lately?  What are your favorite fall DIY's?  Let us know in the comments below!!

Have a great day!! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips