Friday, September 26, 2014

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (Nude) Review


Thanks to being a member of Pop Sugar's Sample Squad, I was recently provided with a $43 full size Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer.  Holy Crap, Batman!  I was so excited to receive this!  One it was full size and two it is a Laura Mercier product!  I recently came to love her products......I am sad to say it took me this long.

Actually, the first product I ever tried was from Sephora and it was a bronzing primer.  It gave me the perfect shimmery tan and was also a primer and I loved it.  Then I tried this product at a department store with my mama (different shade) and am using her highlighter on and off daily.  Ah.....so nice.

Okay, back to this product.  The color I received was nude.

Here is what it looks like, with and without flash.



(you can also tell that I have stopped going to the tanning bed....a decision that was very hard for me to make but I will be turning 34 in a few days and I am trying to slow down the aging process)

Let me start by saying that I was afraid this was going to be like a lotion with a tint.....albeit pricey, I have tried some products a bit pricey and they have given me no coverage at all.  But no, this is light coverage with SPF 20 in it.  It is thick, like foundation, not thin like a lotion.  "Nude" is actually described as a light beige for fair to light skin tones.  It gives off a bit of a dewy finish (sidebar, dewy always makes me think of the character in Scary Movie haha), so if you don't like that, use a powder finish like I did.  I used MakeUp Forever's HD Finish Powder.

I used a beauty blender to apply the product and here is what it looks like on me.  I also used Benefit's Porefessional as my primer.


Yeah, so pretty close to natural looking skin, right?? I am VERY pleased with the results. Plus, there is a blend of Vitamin C and E in this bad boy. The main goal of this makeup is to provide the "no makeup" makeup look and I think that it does that perfectly.

Have you tried this product before?  How do you apply it?

Let me know in the comments below!

Have a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. I love Laura mercier stuff! I use the tinted moisturizer and I will never go back to anything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Julie! I really didn't think with a name like this that it would give me any type of coverage and I was so pleasantly surprised!!! Have you tried any of the foundations? If so, what do you recommend?

      Delete

 
Blogging tips