Thursday, September 25, 2014

Chapstick Hydration Lock Reviews


Another perk of being a Birchblogger, is opportunities to review new and amazing products.  And I have one here!

I have always been a fan of Chapstick.  Cherry flavored Chapstick in particular.  And yes, I thought it was awesome when Katy Perry made reference to my chapstick in her first song that the world got to hear.  I don't like my lips to be chapped, not that anyone does, and I love the nostalgic smell of cherry Chapstick that brings me back to kissing in high school.

There are two types of Hydration Lock Chapsticks.

The first one advertises an end for day and an end for night.


The day end has SPF 12 in it, is ultra conditioning and has no smell to it.  It is 40% petroleum.  The night end smells INCREDIBLE and of chamomile (my favorite night time scent, next to lavender) and is made with oils and butters to really  do some damage control while you are sleeping.  I love products that work while you sleep.  Makes me feel so accomplished.  I have already found myself mixing both ends as I love the chamomile smell so much.  It's a mini aromatherapy session while I am at work :)

Here is the next option.


Again, dual ends here so you are getting more for your money, IMO.

The first end is the moisturizing end, although let's be honest here, all the ends are going to moisturize, we are talking about CHAPSTICK here, ya'll!  But this tube specifically is designed for its advanced, anti-aging formulas.  This end also reduces the appearance of fine lines thanks to ingredients like CoQ10 and hyaluronic filling spheres.  I know, slow down Brooke, what am I saying.....basically, that means when the chapstick comes in contact with my lips it fills in the cracks and plumps them up! (Thank you , Google, I am not THAT smart).  This end smells like vanilla and is going to be the perfect winter chapstick.

The other end is the revitalizing, renewing end, made with mango butters to condition and soften lips. This end (botanical medley) has a very, very light floral smell to me and is so soothing on my lips. They feel velvety (think Ray Charles voice) and smooth.

Both of these are clear so you can wear them under or over your colored glosses and you are getting two variations on a classic in each tube!

These are really great, affordable options for keeping your lips hydrated and protected this season and I would love to share with you!

I was provided with an extra Moisture and Renew Chapstick so this will also be a prize for an upcoming giveaway soon!

Have you already tried one of these?  What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments below.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips