Monday, September 15, 2014

Allure's Sample Society September 2014 Unboxing


I have been contemplating another monthly subscription box since I gave up New Beauty Test Tube and Pop Sugar. I love getting these surprises every month and have become addicted to trying out new things and sharing them with ya'll. So far Birchbox, Sample Society and Glossybox are my top three boxes.  My love for the subscription box was affirmed yet again when I received my September Sample Society box.

Really quick, Sample Society is $15 a month and includes luxury brands and each month has at least one full size product.  Everyone gets the same box but they have all been such wonderful boxes each month I don't mind not filling out my own beauty profile.  Plus it is a MIX of makeup, skincare and haircare.  They are also through BeautyBar.com so you get $10 off a $50 purchase each month, which can go towards products in your box.  Check out last month's unboxing HERE.

First up, let's do the full size product, valued at $85!! They were giving sneak peeks on Facebook for a few weeks (which I hate seeing because I LOVE surprises) and I was actually really excited for this!


Restorsea Revitalizing Eye Cream. It's a small, delicate jar but the cream is nice and thick so will last a long time it seems.  It is targeted for dark circles and reduces fine lines.  Vibransea, shea butter and glycerin are the key ingredients.  So far I love it.  I have been using it for three days and the thing I like most is when I put it on in the morning, it keeps my under eye area hydrated but my concealer stays put! It doesn't slide around like some other eye creams make it. I have high hopes for this so I will keep you posted.

Next up is Alterna Caviar Repair Re-texturizing Protein Cream.


This cream is some major damage control for over processed hair.  Thankfully, I haven't had split ends in years (thanks to sulfate free products and learning how to properly blow dry my hair thus not needing to use my flat iron) so might not to need this as often as someone who does.  The reviews are pretty positive on this.  It moisturizes and fills in the hairs cuticle, making it stronger and smoother so this is a great preventative treatment, too.  Vitamin C,caviar extract and seasilk are the main ingredients here. I like that it is thin, it's not a thick product that makes you feel like you need to wash your hair when you're trying to protect it.

I am a big fan of Benefit's Porefessional but was excited to see the next product.  Lorac's POREfection Mattifying Primer.


What's interesting about this is it contains salicylic acid in it so it's unclogging pores while keeping your face smooth and primed!  It didn't ball up on me and was buildable.  It went on really nice and it did keep me shine free all day.

The perfume sample I LOVE!! Dahlia Divin by Givenchy.


It smells wonderful!  It smells sexy....sexy has a smell, ya know? It has sandalwood and patchouli.  A sexy, woodsy smell.  Mmmmmmmm.

Lastly, Tarte Self Tanning Towelettes.


I am a sun goddess.....I love tanning and laying out.  But I am always looking for healthier alternatives to the tanning bed.  I love my St Tropez Bronzing Face Lotion and I have high hopes for these.  Reviews and feedback on these is great, from what I found.  They offer just the right amount of no streak color and not orangey mess.

And there ya have it!

Again, I am very happy with this month's Sample Society box.  I will use everything and that is 3 for 3 with this subscription!

Are you ready to sign up yet??

Let me know in the comments below so we can be excited together :)  There is no referral code for a new subscription, but if you do order from BeautyBar.com, you can use the code that is on the left of my blog banner for a discount!

Have a great day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips