Monday, September 1, 2014

Fall 2014 Trends-Top 10

Welcome to September 2014.

It is hard to believe that pumpkin flavored foods and falling leaves and sweaters are right around the corner. What's exciting is with the changing of seasons comes the changing colors and textures of makeup and that is how new products get introduced to us.  Straight off the runways.  Some of the stuff they introduce on the runway is so extreme and only for the runways so today we will just go over the things us normal folk can actually pull off.  I'm actually pretty excited this year :)  Don't get me wrong, I am going to miss the pink and coral shiny lips and bright, shimmery shadows and messy beach waves, but change is good!  It's a new season which is a time to reinvent yourself and even update your look.  I usually stay bright blonde in the summer and then add the lowlights in the fall but this year I am going to also switch up my makeup.

1. Double liner-Using your basic black,  add a pop of surprise color and line above with a colored liner.  I like to use blues and greens.  I am in search of the perfect copper and gold liner, too.  The products that I use are Benefit's They're Real Push Up Gel Liner, Sumita's Color Contrast Liner in Raina and Mally's Beauty Star light Liner in Caribbean Sea.





2. Cat eyes-Again, a plug for Benefit's They're Real Push Up Gel Liner, cat eyes are still a hit.  Achieve the perfect one, daily, with this liner.  I've already contacted Benefit asking when other colors will be available as I want them all.  They have said "Never say never" so we'll take that as they are coming soon. Right?


3. Matte and Shimmer shadows and Precious Metals-Two is better than one, in this case.  Golds and silver metallics and MIX THEM UP!! Not just colors but again textures, from creams to powders. This fall mix the best of both worlds to create a unique look.  Too Faced carries palettes that are perfect for this job! Check out my review of one of them HERE and the latest one to use for this trend is their Rock and Roll palette. I also recommend Bare Minerals 5 in 1 Cream Shadows.



4. Smoky Kitty- This takes both the cat eye and the smoky eye and puts them together.  Use a bold lash with this look to finish it off.  I recommend Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara or Urban Decay Perversion.  Also, don't just think of basic black with a smoky eye this fall, greens, browns, blacks and greys are fun, too!




5. Aubergine and Nude Nails-I am just being fancy now, aubergine is like an eggplant/purple/darkish brown color and is gorgeous.  Both of these colors seem to be a staple in fall nail inventory and easily transition into all the seasons. Some great choices are Material Girl-Essie,Carry On-EssieSandy Beach-Essie and Sand Tropez-Essie.



6. Dark Florals and Dark Floral Nail Art-Just the opposite of summer.  Dark polish (see above) with floral prints on top (DIY or think Jamberry).  This also is going to be seen in clothes, too.


7. Braids-Braids have been back for awhile but even more this fall.  Fishtail (tutorial to come soon), waterfall, french or just simple.  Think buns and messy side braids.



8. Flushed/Defined Cheeks-I know this sounds confusing, but I mean either contoured or flushed apples. Contouring post will be upcoming soon also (waiting for some comparison products) but you can currently use any angled brush and some matte bronzer and follow your cheekbone from your ear to hollow of your cheek.  Blend, blend, blend!! Nothing is worse than makeup mask. Flushed is like that just pinched cheek look on the apples of your cheeks but you don't have to pinch your cheeks :)



9. Side Swept Curls and Deep Parts (Center or Side)-Think 60's here.  Isn't it funny how each year some tried and true style from beauties past comes back around? Second day hair works best for parts and just use some dry shampoo to freshen the roots.  I use Klorane Oat Milk Dry Shampoo for some texture. For your curls, use bobby pins in the back of your hair after piling the curls on one shoulder.  They look great on any hair length. Use a 1 in. barrel.



10. Berry Stained Lips-A berry stain is universally flattering and has a staying power like no other.  I currently use Benetint but a perfect berry option would be Too Faced's Melted in Berry or Stila's Lip Stain in Pomegranate.  If you want to get really creative, you can actually mash fresh berries and add a touch of olive oil and make your own stain!


Don't get me wrong, these are not all of the upcoming trends but like I said, as much of a risk taker that I am, I just can't bring myself to wear some of them! If I lived in Paris or London, I might be swayed :)

Case in point........


Are you excited for fall?

Any trends you can't wait to try?

Let me know in the comments below!!

Happy September!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips